About This Recreation
Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Insanity is a Lovecraftian level’n’click on graphic journey. Drawing inspiration, locations and characters from particular tales by H.P. Lovecraft resembling The Shadow Over Innsmouth and The Mountains of Insanity, this detective story units you within the thrilling investigation of a horrifying thriller that may take you to iconic locations like Innsmouth, Arkham and the South Pole. You play because the non-public investigator Lone Carter – however put together to seek out your self within the boots of the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, author of the dreaded Necronomicon, and of H.P. Lovecraft himself…
Non-public Investigator Lone Carter regains consciousness to seek out himself mendacity on a seashore close to Innsmouth. His physique has been ripped aside. He tries to drag his final cigarette from the pack, however his arm fails to obey. As he fades away into loss of life, terror rising in his eyes, he remembers in dreadful glimpses his deadly encounter with the Shoggoth…
An countless interval of darkness ensues.
Then, some hearth burning inside awakens him, and he returns, utterly recovered and unhurt – however he would by no means be the identical. He’s haunted by horrible visions, nightmares hinting at ineffable, horrifying truths. He must get again dwelling, to grasp what occurred to him – however escaping from Innsmouth will solely be step one in his journey. In his hometown of Arkham, a thriller awaits for him. A disappearance. A ritual homicide. A plot that intertwines totally different characters, totally different locations, even totally different eras. An journey that may check your wits and drag you to the very limits of your sanity… and maybe past.
Mountains of Insanity is a brand new journey recreation within the Chronicle of Innsmouth franchise. Set 10 years earlier than the primary chapter of this saga, these occasions will affect the occasions to come back. Journey to historical Yemen, enjoying within the position of the Mad Arab Abdul Alhazred, creator of the Necronomicon, and step into the footwear of HP Lovecraft and information him to unveil the mysteries of his bloodline.
– A mature, horrifying story, combining the thrilling thriller of a detective story with a cosmic horror setting
– Impressed by The Mountains of Insanity, however with many authentic parts to shock you at each nook
– Take a look at your wits and deduction abilities with intelligent puzzles, logical however difficult
– Work together with many characters, each authentic and brought from Lovecraft’s works
– Play as detective Lone Carter, but in addition as iconic Lovecraft characters as Abdul Alhazred – and even H.P. Lovecraft himself!
– Retro artwork type rendered in 640 x 360 decision, impressed by the early 90s Lucasarts classics
– An excellent unsettling authentic soundtrack